In this episode, Kirk visits with Jim about his experience talking with customers about value and price. They explore the challenge of scope creep, and then how Kirk helped Jim price a recent business opportunity. They conclude with a review of Jim’s sessions from a recent technology conference.
- What did you do to build your confidence with pricing?
- What questions do you like to ask during a value conversation?
- How do you price your software projects?
- How do you avoid scope creep in a software project?
- Why is pricing so hard for software developers?
- How has strategic pricing impacted your business?
- What was the subject of your business session at FileMaker DevCon?
- What did you learn from your research for that session?
About Jim Medema
Jim Medema is a software consultant and trainer with over 20 years of experience, specializing in the FileMaker platform. He went to school to get an English degree at Westmont College. However, he got into technology when he started selling Macs to schools.