In this episode, Troy Dean and I start with the first question he asks guests on his podcast, What did you want to be when you grew up? Then, we dive deep into the pricing mindset of a WordPress designer / developer. We explore how to stop billing by the hour, ask great questions during the sales conversation and create outstanding marketing content.
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- How would you counsel a freelancer who is billing by the hour?
- What is one of your favorite questions to ask during a value conversation?
- How do you overcome the fear of asking value questions?
- What was the catalyst for the 101 Ways to Elevate series?
About Troy Dean
Troy Dean is from WP Elevation, the first and only business accelerator program for WordPress consultants. He began building websites with WordPress in 2000 and transitioned to running a creative agency in 2009. One of his most prominent customers is Jessica Watson, the youngest girl to sail around the world.