Happy New Year! At start of each show I ask my expert guest the same question: What is the most important thing you can share about pricing? After 50 interviews in 2015, I have compiled their answers into Volume 2 of “The Most Important Thing About Pricing”.
It's About the Customer
- Ray Edwards – Set your price based on the value that your bring to your customer.
- Brennan Dunn – It is not about you, it is about the customer.
- Brian Casel – Keep the customer’s view of the value in mind.
- Lee Cockerell – Price is all about value.
- Ben Furfie – The goal of value pricing is to match the price with the customer’s perception of value.
- Kai Davis – If value is greater than price, it will be a no-brainer for the customer.
- Joni Newkirk – Lead with the customer; where does she perceive the value.
- Michael Port – People buy to express their values.
Learning to Price
- Josh Zweig – Pricing is a skill that is dynamic.
- Matthew Burgess – Value pricing is a journey.
- John Chisholm – Pricing is not perfect; it is an art.
- Mark Stiving – Understand the decision your customer is making right before they buy: Which one? or Will I?
- Kevin Mitchell – The best leveler to increase your profit is strong pricing knowledge and acumen.
- Mark Wickersham – Pricing has absolutely nothing to do with costs.
- Rags Srinivasan – There are no pricing problems; only segmentation problems.
- Jason Coleman – There is no magic formula to price something.
Your View of Creating Value
- Bob Burg – Unless your name is Walmart, do not make low price your value proposition.
- Ed Gandia – Whatever idea you have about what something is worth, you are probably wrong.
- Jonathan Stark – Just do it. If you bill by the hour, you are not pricing.
- Jody Maberry – You are worth more than you think you are.
- Kary Oberbrunner – Pricing is a reflection of self-image.
- Mike Kim – You can probably charge higher than you think you are worth.
- Chris Cerrone & Laci Urcioli – Know your value and the value you bring to your customer.
- Tim Dietrich – It is never too late to give value pricing a try.
- Jennifer Kinson – Talking about price does not have to be uncomfortable.
The Impact of Pricing
- Jay Shepherd – Intentional pricing is better than accidental pricing.
- Tim Williams – Stand your ground; protect your pricing integrity.
- Steve Major – Pricing can change your business and your life.
- Jason Cohen – Figure out how to deliver 10X the value, and then you have true pricing power.
- Wes Higbee – Be deliberate about the type of customer relationship you want to have.
- Donald Kelly – Price is the reward for the value the customer perceives.
- David Wells – Pricing fundamentally changes the attitude for your team.
- Josh Elledge – When customers reject standard pricing, there is an opportunity to innovate.
Leave a Reply