Validate the Idea First
- What is the most important thing you can share about pricing?
- Validate your idea. Market before you manufacture.
- What are some ways to validate your idea?
Creating Value for Others
- Why is it so important to create value for others?
- Value is what you can offer and why people will pay you.
- Treat people like you want to be treated.
- What is one of your favorite question to ask to discover value?
- What questions do you have about this?
- What are some tips for asking good questions?
- Start by breaking the ice with the customer.
- Who is someone you admire that is good at creating value?
Pricing with Kickstarter
- Where did you get the idea to use Kickstarter to create a conference?
- How did you create the contribution levels for theKickstarter campaign?
- Some people simply want to support you because they like you.
- Research other successful crowd funding campaigns for ideas.
- Listen to podcasts on crowd funding like Crowd Fund Genius.
- Use bundles with different levels of value to appeal to different market segments.
- Did you underprice the first Podcast Movement event?
- It was intentional. We wanted to create maximum value the first year.
The Value of Networking
- What is the subject of your book, Podcasting Good to Great?
- It is primarily about networking for podcasters.
- It has ideas to help you connect with your audience.
- How did you decide to price the book?
- We wanted to make it an easy “yes” when the book launched.
- Amazon boosted sales through suggestive selling, “customer who bought this, also bought”.
- What is Business Podcaster Summit?
- It is the first online conference, by podcasters for podcasters.
- If three or more people ask you the same question, it is a potential product.
- What is a story where you created outstanding value for a customer?
- My book is filled with stories of people I know, who are mentioned by name.