Kurt Elster is an e-commerce consultant who specializes in the Shopify platform. He is a founder and partner at EtherCycle, and host of the Unofficial Shopify Podcast. He earned his MBA from Illinois Institute of Technology. Kurt is a newlywed, and the theme for his wedding was "Day of the Dead,"
Paul Kennedy is a co-founder and partner at O'Byrne & Kennedy (OBK), a chartered accounting firm in the United Kingdom. He is also a Practicing Fellow at VeraSage. In this episode, we explore the OBK journey to value pricing. In the first segment, Paul explains how OBK transitioned to value
Aaron Walker founded View From the Top to help men live a life of significance. In this episode, we discuss his journey from the pawn business to coaching men. In the first one, we explore being the right fit for the customer. During the second segment, Aaron describes selling and pricing
- When presented with an opportunity to resell a specialized solution, I wasn't even sure what questions I should be asking to price it. Kirk not only asked me the precise questions to guide me to an appropriate, defendable price, he also coached me on how to present the proposal to my client. I presented it and got approval in 20 minutes! With this one sale, I boosted my revenue by nearly 35% over last year.
Jim Medema / Surefoot Data /
- Kirk Bowman is both professional and personable. Kirk immediately put me at ease as we discussed the very real challenges facing my business. He listened graciously and captured the essence of my struggle in words that helped me find hope for the road ahead. I am so thankful for his investment of time, encouragement and practical advise on my journey to develop a stronger, healthier business.
Liz Clark / Get Life Done /
- For years, I have struggled to properly value the consulting offered by The Red Checker. I priced everything around the number of hours it would take to produce the outcome. In the end though, I had undervalued my work, and my clients believed it was a commodity they could get elsewhere. Working with Kirk, it has become crystal clear that we have been providing tremendous value, and we can benefit mutually with our customers from the value we create.
Amy Campbell / The Red Checker /
- I came to Kirk with much anxiety around the idea of pricing for my services. Through my time spent working with him, I have come to realize that I have no reason to fear pricing when I understand the value of what I offer my clients. Knowing how my clients value my services in order to price them correctly has also made the clients happier and allowed me to make more money!
Melissa Hawks / Hawks & Rock /
- I contacted Kirk when I was in the early stages of developing my company and he helped me to organize my services and figure out how to best sell my products. Through different types of levels and offerings, I left the conversation with a better focus and perspective on my pricing. His ideas and questions helped me to figure out how to BEST serve both my customer and my bottom line.
Charlie Backer / charliebacker.com /
Seth Godin recently published a blog post titled When to charge by the hour. And while usually I agree with most of what he writes, this time, I have a different point of view. First, in principle, I do not believe anything should be priced by the hour. The customer is buying
We are offering a free encore of this class on Thursday, January 7th at 7pm Eastern. You have worked hard for 11 months this year. And what do you have to show for it? You are working more than you should, making less than you want, and sacrificing time with your
This episode is an interview with Kirk Bowman by Ellory Wells on the Empowered Podcast. [powerpress] What is the Art of Value? Kirk has been self-employed since college. MightyData is his primary business. In 2009, Kirk changed the business model from hourly billing to value pricing. The change was to understand the value that was created for the customer, and then set